Thursday, January 13, 2011

Thatcher's Obsession (You'll Never Guess)

While my sister manages to keep her home remarkably clean and straigtened-up especially given her three children and husband, I recently learned that somehow a number of pacifiers on the floor escaped her attention. How did I learn this?

I took Thatcher to her house for a visit, and he found any and all pacifiers within his reach. He found several under her bed, a few more under the crib, and when we were outside he came running up and looking like this:


Clearly my youngest niece can't hold onto a pacifier. Of course, I took the paci away from Thatch since he eventually tries to eat the soft part. A few days later I had on a raincoat, and Thatch began scratching furiously at its pocket. I reached in the pocket to find his dear paci I had cruelly taken away. The dog is obsessed. We realized the full extent of his obsession when Thatch hung out with our friends' son Holden and stole his paci. Here's a photograph of Thatch sniffing things out:

p.s. I'm thankful that at least Thatch likes babies (at least the ones that don't make much noise)--even if he likes their pacis more.

8 comments:

TC said...

He steals them?!?!

Holy cow, that dog is hard core!

Ally said...

TC: At least he's never stolen one from a baby's mouth (he waits for them to drop them:)!

HappyascanB said...

Ha Ha Haaaa! Too funny

Ys said...

Haha so cute :D

Jan @ Struck by Serendipity said...

I LOVE these pics! I wish my boys got along with babies half as well as yours.

OK Chick said...

WOW...I've never seen this. HA! It's makes me laugh.

Anonymous said...

This trait is often seen in puppies who have been neglected and expected to "grow up ' too fast. Let him enjoy his being a puppy and perhaps even consider buying him his own pacifier. Dr. RJJ

Ally said...

Dr. RJJ: Thanks for the puppy psychology. Maybe Thatch needs therapy?