Thursday, June 19, 2008

It Makes Me Happy That....

I received my first birthday card yesterday from a blogger who I've never even met in person. Ella was also one of the first people to financially support the mission/volunteer work that I'm doing this year.

Aaron and Sarah are using their unique gifts to serve in Bosnia this week.

The three students we took to the mini-water park on Monday expressed their thanks and used good manners the entire time. That might not seem like a big deal, but it's fairly common for our students to not use common courtesies; plus it's exciting when you can see progress.

On Tuesday a coworker gave me a sweet card and a Starbucks gift card for no reason. And when I used the card this morning at my local Starbucks, I saw three people I know.

My mom is making a homemade cake for me this weekend, and she's paying for me to go to the spa on Monday (my birthday). And my sister is sweet enough to plan a birthday dinner for me and invite my best friend and her family. I also get to see Carter this Sunday.

Last night I had an impromptu walking and Whole Foods date with my sweet friend Chasie, and as usual we had great conversation.

p.s. I'm grateful to witness my great aunt finding comfort in the Lord as she grieves the death of her younger sister and best friend.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry, Ally, I am italian and my english is not so good... I've read in your blog somethjhing about the song Anna Begins by the crows, did you mean you'd like to have my opinion about the song?
thank you,
ciao
Sebastian

Ally said...

Seb: I always enjoy hearing people's interpretation and thoughts on "Anna's Begins," so feel free to share yours.

Ally said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ella said...

I wasn't sure exactly when your birthday was, so I sent the card out early.

Sounds like you are going to have a great birthday weekend!

Pam said...

I hope you have a fabulous birthday weekend!!

boohoo said...

have a great birthday :) make sure you eat lots and lots of cake :D

anne said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!