Monday, September 12, 2011

We're Having a Boy!!

The day before Father's Day I found out that I was pregnant--just in time to give Blake an early Father's Day present. I wrapped up the positive pregnancy test and put it in a gift bag along with a card from Thatcher, and upon opening, Blake asked me "What does this mean?" I found his response hilarious as the test clearly identifies what two pink lines mean, and my husband has an engineering background and usually has no problem reading any test results. Needless to say he was ecstatic but cautiously so (he wasn't sure the test was reliable:). It became more real for him when we visited the doctor a few weeks later and were able to see our miracle on the ultrasound screen. Such a sweet relief to see the heartbeat.

Since then we've been able to see our baby two more times, and on our last visit we learned that our baby is a boy. We're naming him Jackson Ty. Jackson is my maiden name. We chose his middle name because I called my great uncle--"Uncle Ty"--as I couldn't pronounce Chester. I'm not sure how I came up with "Ty" (maybe because he often wore ties?), but it stuck and we all called him Uncle Ty. His wife helped raise my sister and me, and Uncle Ty often joined us for picnics, baton twirling, or harmonica playing.  He was a dear man and a blessing to our family.

The last 17 weeks have been so exciting and such a constant reminder of God's goodness and blessings. I love knowing our baby's name and being able to pray for him specifically. Plus it's great for me to mentally prepare for a boy since my sister has 3 girls; I'm 1 of 2 girls, and my mother is 1 of 3 girls.

The last 17 weeks have also felt like my body has a science project going on within it. It's really amazing how much everything is changing and how much I'm learning.

In other great news, we're back in our house and loving it. It's very comforting to finally be settling in.

p.s. I'm thankful for baby Jack and ultrasound technology that allows me to see him. I'm already looking forward to our next appointment.

10 comments:

L.C.C. said...

How hugely exciting - congratulations! It seems to be baby season as two friends announced their pregnancies last week. Exciting times :D

Laura Anne said...

And baby season continues!!! such exciting news, congratulations Ally!! Praying for you, Blake and Jackson!!

HappyascanB said...

I am just so excited for y'all! Sounds like Blake had a similar reaction to Tim! I gave him the positive test and he just stared at me. I'm pretty sure he also asked what it meant! And then he turned ghostly white and almost passed out! :) There is NOTHING like hearing that heart beat and seeing that precious baby on the screen! I'd love to see a belly pic as you grow, missy!

Accidentally Me said...

Yay!!! I recall someone saying that Jackson would be a downright awesome name for a baby:-) I wish I could remember who that was...

The science project just gets weirder;-) Just wait until he starts kicking...that is really a bizarre feeling.

Enjoy the ultrasounds now...as you get closer, they get less fun because the baby is too big to really see. But up until six months or so, it is wonderful to see their faces and their little hands and feet:-)

Pam said...

Congrats to you and your hubby!

Ys said...

AHHHHHHH!!! This is SO exciting! :D Congratulations! It's amazing being pregnant isn't it? I was the same when I found out I was having a boy - I come from a family of three girls and Ray's family is very female-heavy so it's amazing to have my little baby boy :)

Don't forget to go buy the books I recommended on my blog (http://www.alightson.still-sharpe.com/index.php/site/comments/the_birth_part_1_preparation/) they really will help :) Have you been sick? I was so ill for the first five months lol and then it was just amazing and I really enjoyed being pregnant. Until the last six weeks when everything started to hurt so much I could barely walk. Lol the joys of pregnancy ;)

Anonymous said...

Hooray! Congratulations on your little science project. ;) I'm so happy for you and Blake. And the name is great!

I'm also really glad to hear that you're settling back into your house. I'd love to see pictures of the new-and-improved casa.

Jennifer Kirby said...

Ally, that is awesome news! I'm so happy for you guys! Love the name, too -- I'm so jealous of people who have maiden names like Jackson. :)

Lib said...

whoa Ally! CONGRATS! HOW WONDERFUL! That is so great you're back in your home as well. I love the name you chose...I love using the mom's maiden name for a son's name (obviously, since we're naming our boy Warren!) I also love Ty--very cool.

So happy for you.

Lib.

Betty Briones said...

Hey! I just saw the news! Congratulations! You are going to be a great Mommma! I just know that you will enjoy it. Little ones are so much fun! And how exciting, a boy! It was the opposite for me, I was hoping for girls because Ellen had so many boys and all the cousins around my daughters ages were male...but the funny thing was when I had Evie and thus two daughters, my dear sister told me that I am now just like Momma. I asked her what she meant, and she told me that she was refering to my two daughters. They are so precious! Anyway...congratulations again! I'm so happy for you.

Betty