Monday, October 24, 2011

Spoiled Thatch, Spaghetti Squash, and Sweatpants

So this week Jackson is slightly longer than a spaghetti squash (these fruit/vegetable analogies crack me up), and I'm realizing more and more of what a challenge we're going to have with our dog Thatcher when Jackson arrives.  We let Thatcher get away with a lot because he's so adorable, but it seems like it's time to be more strict with him.  Unfortunately I think Blake and I have both been more lax with him lately because we feel badly about how dethroned he'll feel once our baby arrives.  We're not worried about him hurting Jackson as Thatcher has been around babies and young children with no issues other than licking them too much; rather we're concerned about Thatcher being jealous and barking--like when we're holding Jackson and there isn't room in our lap for Thatcher.  Short of carrying around a baby doll to get Thatcher used to something else having our attention, I'm not really sure what to do to prepare him prior to Jackson's arrival. Any ideas?

As for sweatpants, if you're looking for a slightly dressier alternative, you should try maternity pants. 

p.s. I'm thankful that I can feel Jackson kick now.  The night of my last post I felt him for the first time, and it was so strange. I'm getting used to it now and love knowing he's moving around.

5 comments:

Ys said...

I remember reading that you should prepare the dog before the baby's born so he doesn't associate the baby with new treatment that he may not like.

Sweepie is such a Mammy's girl and I worried she'd feel left out but she just knew Francis was a part of me from the moment he came home. Some days she'll pout and feel a bit left out but we always make sure she gets a lot of fuss and cuddles. There are two of us so if one is holding Francis the other cuddles Sweep so it works out quite well with us.

Ally said...

That's great that Sweepie has adapted so well! Maybe Thatch will be like her and just realize Jackson is a part of us. Thankfully Blake works from home, so he can give Thatch some extra attention while I'm feeding Jackson, etc.

Son Of A Preacher Man 23 said...

I have not been here in awhile, obviously!! I'm so happy for you!!! You're going to be a GREAT mom!!! Your life has fallen into place so perfectly. It's a beautiful thing.

Anonymous said...

Wish you would continue to blog!

Kitchen Sink said...

Undermount sinks are little bit difficult to install when compared to normal sinks because they need a big space for installation and after the installation you have to be sure that the sink works out properly in your kitchen and gives your kitchen a perfect look.