Sunday, July 12, 2009

"It's Just Like You'd Said It Would Be"

"Lord Jesus Christ, I admit that I am weaker and more sinful than I ever before believed, but, through you, I am more loved and accepted than I ever dared hope. I thank you for paying my debt, bearing my punishment and offering forgiveness. I turn from my sins and receive you as Savior. Amen."

This is my prayer today but lifted from Tim Keller.

p.s. I'm grateful for answered prayers. My mom called this morning, and my grandfather stopped breathing last night. He's non-responsive and on a respirator now, but they'll remove it soon; he's expected to die within minutes of doing so. My prayer through all of this with Papa has been for the Lord's mercy, and I feel like God has answered that prayer with this peaceful, calm death for Papa. Praise God; He is so faithful.

12 comments:

HappyascanB said...

What a beautiful prayer. So sorry to hear about your Papa, but I praise God for His mercy.

TC said...

:(

Sorry you're going through losing two grandparents so closely together. That's tough. I hope your family has peace throughout this.

PS: I told my Dad when my Grandma first died that I thought my Grandpa was taking it so well in part because he probably figured it wasn't that long until he was going to get to see her again anyway. Maybe that's helped your Grandpa, too.

boohoo said...

I'm happy that he's at peace but sad for you that you're going to lose him. *big hugs*

Anonymous said...

Sorry for your loss.

cat_chaser said...

I am so sorry to hear about your loss, hang in there , Ally !

Thomas said...

Hello, friend. How are you?

OK Chick said...

Praying for you!

OK Dude said...

You are in my prayers! I was there when my grandfather past away. It was very hard to see him take his last breath, but I knew he was going to a better place.

Your prayer is beautiful.

Pam said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandpa.

OK Chick said...

I hope everything is going ok. We miss you in Blogger World.

Anonymous said...

Where are you???? I miss your blog.

cat_chaser said...

I hope everything over there is going alright.