I hope everyone had a beautiful weekend. I spent the weekend with my best friends from law school, and we had a very relaxing time, which included an arena II football game with a final score of 69-30. Their church had a lovely Easter service and of course, I managed to listen to a Tim Keller sermon on Easter too. It’s great to be reminded of the hope and glory of Jesus and His resurrection. And it’s great to have friends who have wonderful, welcoming families who let me enjoy a big Easter lunch followed by a nap.
Three Things That Scare Me
2. Hurting people’s feelings
3. Politics/Our Government (just sometimes)
Three People Who Make Me Laugh
1. Dave Chappelle
2. Stephen Colbert
3. The scary perverts on “How to Catch a Predator” when they offer lame excuses like “I just came here to tell her she could get hurt playing on the internet” as they pull out the Mike’s Hard Lemonade they brought with them for the 12 year old they chatted up.
Three Things I Love
1. Unplanned alone time
2. My Bible Study
3. Red hots in the little boxes
Three Things I Dislike
1. People who only talk about themselves, never asking any questions about anyone else.
2. Food poisoning, especially when the meal was expensive. I want a refund!
3. Parents who give their children fast food all the time and let them drink soda even though their children are already overweight or obese.
Three Things I Don't Understand
1. Directions. It seems that I’m hard-wired to get lost at least once.
2. Arguing about silly things like which way the toilet roll should face, whether to lower the thermostat if someone is hot (unless we’re at work, and I’m already running a space heater and covered in a blanket and socks), and little details that make no difference to the big picture or the main issue.
3. Extreme cat lovers and why they think I want to listen to their rants/complaints about their cats. Last week I told someone that she needed to either accept that her cat is worthless or get rid of it.
Three Things On My Desk
1. Cinnamon peppermints, courtesy of my ex-boyfriend Sampras who gave me over 1,000 for Easter several years ago
2. Burned CDs that I still need to mail
3. Entirely too many stacks of papers and post-it notes
Three Things I'm Doing Right Now
3. Taking a quick break to calm down and collect my thoughts
Three Things I Want To Do Before I Die
1. Do something important….I just don’t know what yet.
2. Spend more time in Spain
3. Help others more
Three Things Things I Can Do
1. Make homemade cookies very quickly
2. Run three miles (and probably a lot more if someone made me)
3. Be super lazy….I’m great at napping
Three Things I Can't Do
1. Drive a stick shift
2. Eat vegetables and fruit on a consistent basis (like every week:)
3. Stay awake if I’m not talking or somehow actively engaged
Three Things I Think You Should Listen To
1. Tim Keller
2. Dashboard Confessional
3. God (Note that these are not necessarily in order of priority)
Three Things You Should Never Listen To
1. Ann Coulter
2. Songs about tractors being sexy
3. The Home Shopping Network….my mom seems to think it’s appropriate background noise 24/7
Three Things I'd Like To Learn
1. How to be more loving
2. How to make money without working
3. To be more disciplined
Three Favorite Foods
1. White Chocolate Bread Pudding
2. Macon Sakura at Shoki a.k.a. deep fried sushi
3. Ooey Gooey Butter Squares (they taste sort of like yellow cake mix)
Three Shows I Watched As A Kid
1. The Price is Right
2. Days of Our Lives (with my babysitter) until at the age of four I told my mom that I felt really bad for this one man because his wife was sleeping with his friend too and I knew but he didn’t.
Three Things I Regret
I don’t really regret things except perhaps when I misspeak or hurt someone’s feelings. In that same vein, I see things that I’ve done that weren’t the wisest choices, so here are a few:
1. Spending entirely too much of my life in (largely misguided) dating relationships (4 ½ years, 2 years, 1 ½ years, 7 months, almost 2 years, and 1 year).
2. Not making more friends in college (see above:)
3. Putting off figuring out my faith for so long—I kept saying I’d figure it out when I got out of college since I saw religion as just a list of things I couldn’t do.
Have a super week and feel free to share some of your "threes."