I'm not that good about responding to being tagged, but it's a lazy Sunday afternoon and I'm trying to distract myself a bit from thinking; so here it goes.
Amy tagged me, and I am suppose to share ten things about myself that are "pretty interesting" and then tag seven bloggers to share their ten things.
1. I learned to read upside down and write with my toes in gifted class in elementary school. I subsequently told my mother that I thought gifted class was pointless and that I wanted out; she didn't agree. Back in the day, they thought your IQ changed and retested students every three or so years to see if they were still gifted. Guess whose IQ dropped below gifted range?
2. I struggle with binge eating. I can eat crazy amounts of sweets in one sitting and have a very hard time stopping once I start (I usually stop when it's all gone). I can't keep sweets in my home and at times have even avoided keeping brown sugar around (b/c I'll eat it out of the bag). It's definitely frustrating to have pretty much no willpower when it comes to this. I feel powerless.
3. I love music but because I put songs on repeat and fixate on songs for so long, there's tons of old (and current) music I am only recently learning about (thanks Pandora!) like Damien Rice, Augustana (only two good songs so far), Aqualung, and Iron & Wine. I can seriously just listen to about five songs a month and be fine. When I like it, I really really like it.
4. About 3 and a 1/2 years ago I gave up a sin that I had held on for my first few years as a Christian--and God really got a hold of me; I've changed more in these last few years than I had in all of the years before. It's been incredible and such a blessing. I had no idea how broken and lost I was--or how sweet, peaceful, and joy-filled life could be. I wasn't miserable before and life isn't a bed of roses 24/7 now, but I am so very grateful that the Lord pursued me so faithfully and that I know him so much better now--and that I'm experiencing true freedom.
5. I now use Christian jargon that would have probably made me roll my eyes ten years ago....phrases and words like "quiet time," "accountability," "witness," "time in the Word," "spiritual warfare," "the enemy," and so on. I'm almost to the point that it doesn't make me uncomfortable from time to time.
6. Taboo, Scattegories, and Catch Phrase totally get my heart rate up and raise my blood pressure. I can just feel it. I love those games. And my team dominated last night in Taboo--49 to the boys' 29.
7. My ears don't product much wax, if any, if my Q-tip is a good indicator, but I think it's cool that some people get all sort of gross gook out of their ears.
8. I've only read the Bible through once, but I'm doing it again this year with a One Year Bible.
9. I just discovered the deliciousness of black beans last year.
10. My step-sister and I have the same first name, middle name, and birthday.
So now I'm suppose to tag seven people, and since I'm not a stickler, feel free to disregard my tag. The following blogs are now tagged: Cadleized, Jennsational, Traveling Chica, Ys, Happyascanb (although I know you just did a meme so feel free to skip:), Still Just Me, and that's enough!
p.s. I'm grateful for prayer--the power of praying, the gift of my friends' and Jesus' prayers for me, and the fact that my Lord is always listening.