Saturday, August 26, 2006

I've Never Been a Car Person...

but I realized today that it's because I've never driven a really fun car. A friend asked me to go with him for a quick road trip to pick up a puppy for a mutual friend. He asked me if I wanted to drive his sports car, and of course, I did. I've only had three cars--an Oldsmobile '98, a Camry, and a 4Runner, so my driving experience has been limited. When I totaled the Camry (when a car is 11 years old, it doesn't take much to "total" it), I wasn't even tempted to go test drive fun sports cars, knowing that I'd just get a Toyota or Honda. I know cars aren't good investments, and ideally I'd like to keep my cars at least 10 years. But after driving my friend's BMW today, I totally understand why people are tempted to spend money on vehicles. Although I enjoy my 4Runner and feel very safe in it, this BMW was so smooth and fast. It made driving feel like a game, but it also probably makes it about 100 times more likely that I'd get a speeding ticket. I looked down once when I thought we were going about 40 mph, and our speed was closer to 70 mph. Fun times! I hope everyone is having a fantastic weekend!

1 comment:

icadle said...

I think i'm going to go get some McDonalds... Do you think this is a good idea?