Monday, August 14, 2006

Snakes on a Plane

I saw an interview of Samuel Jackson this morning about his newest movie, the title of which always makes me smile. It just sounds so ridiculous. Evidently Samuel didn’t think so as he read the script and then contacted the writer to ask if he could be in the movie. So Matt Lauer asked him to give a review of the movie, and Samuel’s review went something like this “Well some evil people put some snakes on a plane, and some people are victims and some people survive.” Yep, that’s it. There’s some I like about his review; there’s no pretense (of, for example, any plot development), and I’ll bet his review is totally accurate. I would wager that you’d be pretty hard up for entertainment if you see this movie (although it might be funny in a make-fun-of-it kind of way), but if you do, let me know.

Post-note: Maybe I’m wrong as Samuel Jackson issued the following guarantee at the MTV Movies Awards Show in June: I am guaranteeing that Snakes on a Plane will win best movie next year. Does not matter what else is coming out. The new James Bond... no snakes in that! Ocean's 13... where my snakes at? Shrek the Third... green, but not a snake. No movie shall triumph over Snakes on a Plane. Unless I happen to feel like making a movie called Mo' Motha-f***in' Snakes on Mo' Motha-f***in' Planes."

I've also read that Sharks on a Roller Coaster (with the tagline "You must be this tall...TO DIE!") is coming out soon....

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

when i first saw the preview for that movie, i thought it was a joke! i can't believe that SLJ WANTED to be in it...maybe he was trying to get over a snake phobia.

Anonymous said...

I also saw a preview of this movie this AM on the tube and an airline stewardess had to get a convenient fireax to chop up a snake. I was surprised that ax was as excessible during this time of terrorisms and no fingernail clippers etc. Also I think the TSA screener should lose their job for not detecting a 100 snakes in baggage. Dr. RJJ

Ally said...

What a funny comment Dr. RJJ...thanks, it made me laugh out loud.