Saturday, November 10, 2007

Diet Coke Lime

Sometimes I still can't believe that I switched to Diet Coke (thanks to six weeks in Costa Rica where Coca Cola and Diet Coke both taste watery, so I figured I'd just drink the one with no calories), but I have and generally only really enjoy it from a "fountain" and/or with grenadine. But two months ago I was offered Diet Coke Lime at a dinner party, and voila Diet Coke in a can is now almost craving worthy. Even if you don't like lime (I don't), you might like it.

p.s. I'm grateful for my blog friend Ella who sent me a link to the shoes I bought today--non-teacher shoes that are as comfortable as tennis shoes or Merrells but much more cute.

8 comments:

Still just me said...

Have you shared that link? I am going back to look..........

Ally said...

SJM: No, I haven't, but here it is--much better than what I had originally purchased, I think.
http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/28244761/c/325.html

Anonymous said...

I've never tried coke with lime! In fact, I can count on one hand the times I have drank coke. I'm going to give this a try though, after I check out the shoe link. Thanks!

Appletini said...

Diet Coke w/ lime is yummy! I never thought it woul dbe until I had a taste. I LOVE lime :)

ella said...

I'm glad you like the shoes! I wore them with socks the other day and they were just as comfy. I wear them so much that the insides are getting a bit funky...maybe that's TMI?

Scotty said...

Haha! I have a couple lime diet cokes in my fridge :)

Ally said...

Brandy: I think I've had a Coca Cola product almost every single day of my life since I was about 12!

Appletini: It's a good reminder to try things that don't sound that good at first thought.

Ella: That may be a little TMI....but maybe wearing socks will help. I wore them today, and they're super comfy.

Scotty: I'm drinking one right now!

Aaron said...

Those look a bit like the Sketchers Sarah wears.

I don't drink diet anything anymore. After a lot of research, I've concluded that High Fructose Corn Syrup is better for you that Aspartame. Not that either are good for you, but I don't suffer diabetic symptoms ever since I cut Aspartame out of my diet.