Sunday, November 11, 2007

Sunday Afternoon Naps

I love naps, and Sunday afternoons seem to be the perfect time to indulge in them. I had to get up early this morning to make muffins for my Sunday School class's potluck brunch, so I was especially tired today. I tried to avoiding napping by going for a hike....but the "hike" ended up being a flat loop around a pretty lake in the middle of a wooded area. So I thought I would run for a bit but then learned that if you run or jog on this trail, you'll be fined $196.50. So I was still sleepy after my walk and enjoyed a nice nap. Brunch + pretty walk + nap = a pretty good Sunday

p.s. I'm grateful for UGA's win over Auburn (45-20). Go Dawgs!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love taking naps. Seriously.

Fined for running? So weird!

Scotty said...

You went to UGA? I visited that town earlier this year..

I have a saying, "nappytime is happytime."

Ally said...

Jamie: I've never heard of that either--definitely strange.

Scotty: I went to UGA for my sophomore year of college, and since the school I transferred to (in Georgia) didn't have a football team I still pull for UGA, which probably has more "walk-on alums" as football fans than actual alumni.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a perfect Sunday to me....I love naps too!

boohoo said...

Fined for running huh? Sounds like my kinda park ;)

Aaron said...

Yes, nothing like lazy Sunday naps. Especially when you curl up with your SO for an hour or two and catch some Zs. I half expect you to tell me that isn't appropriate behavior for two Christians dating. :P

ella said...

OOOHHHH I love naps! But I guess that's evident in my blog name. I certainly don't nap enough these days.

Aaron - As my Christian counselor would say, you and Sarah are playing with fire!

cdp said...

OMG I so totally LURVE brunch food. Delish.

And go Dawgs indeed!

Pam said...

Fined for running! Really?!

Sunday afternoon naps are the best!

Appletini said...

When I was in college, naps were the BEST ever :)
Now that I am older, they are still nice, but I don't sleep as well, hmmm...

Anonymous said...

Why would you be fined for running on that trail?

Ally said...

Ruby: My roommate said it was because running would scare the deer, but that doesn't really make sense since there are three year olds there being loud, people taking photos and talking, etc. Someone else suggested it was because the ground/ecosystem there was fragile....so in short, I don't know.

Anonymous said...

Haha, that's crazy about not be allowed to run the trail.

GO DAWGS!! What an amazing game!